'Proton Pack' Rival Hopper feed 20 balls/second!
'Proton Pack' Rival Hopper feed 20 balls/second!
LEAD TIME: UNAVAILABLE
We've sadly had massive difficulties in producing the smart board required for the Proton pack. We hope to have them available again by Spring 2024
***BEFORE PURCHASING: Please read the entire listing to understand the requirements of the build***
Please note that since this product contains some larger, overnight prints this product can take 3-5 days to print and has a lead-time associated with it. Pre-built Proton Packs can take 1-2 weeks.The Proton Pack is a custom designed, 3D printed hopper feed that allows for 20+ rounds per second. This is offered as a do-it-yourself kit, or a fully assembled and pre-soldered unit.
*Do not use new Headshot ammo with this product, the rounds are too stiff and can damage your Proton Pack or connected blaster*The kit version requires soldering and assembly. Both versions will require a 3S Jupiter (containing 3S Kraken motors), or other Rival blaster such as the Perses, Zeus, Hera, Khaos (adapters sold separately). Standard Nerf Rival blasters will need to be rewired for a 3s battery to be compatible with the Proton Pack.
• High reliability, jam-free design. Thoroughly tested.
• Compatible with absolutely any Rival ammo including 3rd party ammo, and cheap knock-off rounds. Ammo not included.
• High power custom designed brushless blower with 40 mm/H2o of static pressure. Enough to feed your blaster 4+ feet vertically
• 3s Jupiter compatible (2s Jupiter Blasters can be converted to Kraken motors to be compatible)
• Simple circuit, easy to install! Simply plug the pack's XT-60 cable into your blasters battery XT-60 plug. A standard re-wire for 3s is all that's required.
• 20+ rounds/sec continuous ball feed
• 30+ rounds/sec 'burst' feed rate for first 50-60 shots (Note, fire rate is ultimately determined and limited by your blaster).
• Printed in PLA filament
• Battery tray dimensions: 137 x 49 x 25 (LxWxH)
• Dimensions of hopper unit without container: 8" X 4.75" x 4.5" (LxWxH)
• Dimensions of hopper unit with 1-gallon container: 14.5" x 4.75 x 5.5"
• Dimensions of 1-gallon container: 5.5" round, 10.5" height
• Dimension of hopper ring (size you would cut a container hole to attach to a flat plate): 4.75"
BOTH KIT AND FULLY ASSEMBLED OPTIONS INCLUDES:
• 10x 3D printed parts: Hopper Body, Base Plate, Top Lid, Snorkel, Impeller, Custom Blower, Mounting ring, and Swiveling hose connector
• Custom PCB control board (features current detection and simplifies wiring!)
• 2205 Brushless blower motor
• 30A Brushless ESC
• 1 High quality, high torque 37D-sized all metal gear motor
• 20+ M3 stainless machine screws, square nuts.
• Pre-installed Brass inserts
• XT-60EM Mountable battery connector
• 7' of red and black 14AWG wire
• 4' of 1" hose
• 10 hose clips
• 2.5mm Allen key (batch #1 didn't include this)
TO COMPLETE THIS MOD YOU WILL NEED:
• Rival compatible blaster re-wired with an XT-60 connector
• Hose adapter to your blaster (sold separately or optionally on this page)
• 3s Lipo Battery. We HIGHLY recommend the high quality 2700mAh pack that is listed ONLY on this listing. We will make other options available as we get them in. The Turnigy 1500mAh 35-70c pack is also compatible.
• Soldering iron, solder and basic tools (for DIY-KIT version)
• A relatively airtight container, bucket, etc. You can purchase the 1-gallon container on this listing.
DUEL WIELDING: In order to duel wield the proton pack, you'll need two independent packs and blasters. While I did test a single unit that could feed two systems, the fire rate was cut approximately in half, so I thought it best to use two units, rather than reduce the fire rate by 50%. We do not recommend modifying the hopper to attempt a duel-wield out of a single pack, as the airflow on the fan will not be high enough to feed two reliably.
AMMO: Most 'Rival' sized ammo types are compatible, ammo not included. We do not recommend the new Headshot ammo or other rival rounds that are stiff.
At first i believed the shortage thing but now since Captain Xavier can print them and use it when ever he wants then shoves that in our face . Also some how you came up with like 14 out of thin air for Jimmie Falon and shoved that it our face, i'm starting to think this whole board thing is made up.
I bought this kit for my son soon after it was available. We previously got the Jupiter kit and wanted the upgrade. This thing works awesome, so much fun and no issues at all. The assembly was not overly challenging, but you do need to be handy with a soldering iron and follow the instruction video. It has been a couple years in use and still working great. Excellent engineering!
Hi until now I still can't use the proton pack. I still need some support to plug the **** and the proton pack together. I would be pleased to get this support from you guys. Maybe you have some french providers or third part close to paris
and connected to you, able to handle this issue for me (address ? phone ?). Thanks for your strong support and leadership to fix it. Best regards. Jérôme
First, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review, far too few people give us feedback and feedback is always appreciated. It's the only way we can ultimately improve our products, website and customer service.
I wanted to write you to see what I could do to improve your experience with the Pre assembled Proton Pack. The Pack can not be connected to a stock blaster and requires that you use something that is modified to accept LiPo. If you are unable to find a local Nerfer or electronics repair shop that can assist you with modifying your blaster I’m happy to take returns at any time. Please ship the item back to me at the address below. Pack the item as best you can, ideally in the same packaging material if you can. Please include your order number or packing slip with it if possible. For a full refund, we do require all of the original parts and packaging. You can read about our return policy here:
Out of Darts RETURNS
9321 NE 72nd AVE Suite D-11
Vancouver WA 98665
If you have any questions about our return policy please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
SUMMARY: 10/10 This product is amazing. Using the proton pack with the Jupiter is amazing fun. It is honestly peak performance at close range, nothing compares!
BUYER BEWARE: This product can push the jupiter past it's limits. I run my pack+jupiter on 3s which was achieving 20 rps. At a nerf event, after firing 500 rounds in 5 minutes I noticed the flywheels were hot to the touch when clearing a jam. I ignored the hot wheels and after firing another 500 rounds in another 5 minutes the motors got so hot that they melted the flywheels. Only the flywheels were damaged, the motors and cage were fine, and replacing the flywheels only took 10 minutes. No big deal but fair warning: Prolonged heavy use with the proton pack can toast your jupiter.
MY RECOMENDATION: Get a proton pack it's one of my favorite things to run at events. Run a jupiter with a 6 rps pusher, on 3s it will have an ROF of about 10 rps, the lower ROF will strain the motors less and help them stay cool(10 rps is still plenty for most applications). If you are really belting out rounds, periodically feel your flywheels, and if they are getting noticeably hot, let it cool off for 20-30 minutes.